The scientific program of the Congress will include oral presentations and e-posters..
Those who are interested in whether for oral presentation or E-Poster presentation, are invited to submit their abstract or research electronically until September 30, 2018.
The abstracts must be submitted ONLY online via the congress website.
Abstracts submitted by fax or electronically without using the online submission form will NOT be accepted.
All interested parties are kindly requested to study carefully the preparation and submission instructions in order to have a “successful submission” of their abstract.
Deadline for the submission of Abstracts: September 30, 2018
Date of Informing about Acceptance / Rejection of Abstracts: October 22, 2018
Instructions for Preparing and Submission of Abstracts
To submit the abstract, read carefully the instructions and then click on the e-Form.
- The abstract must be submitted in the Greek language in Word Format.
- The e-Form must be filled in by the Author, who will be the Contact Person.
- Size: The content of the Abstract should not exceed 250 words. In case of table / chart / image submission, the text should not exceed 200 words.
- Table: Only one table / chart / image can be included in every abstract. Its size should correspond to 50 words (and should be within 250 words in order to fit paper size A4). It must be saved in an Image File Format (jpg, jif etc) so as to be attached (otherwise it cannot be attached). In the printed version, this will appear at the bottom of the page.:
- Structure/Layout: The Abstract should include the following sections:
- Introduction – Purpose
- Material / Method
Final formatting will not include paragraph spacing.
- Title: The title of the Abstract should appear in Upper Case (all Capital) Letters. Do not use abbreviations (other than scientific ones). The title must not exceed 25 words.
- Affiliation Details: In this field, all Author Affiliations must be filled in (Department / Hospital / University / Foundation etc). Use Numbering to correspond every Author with their Affiliation. Every Affiliation will be registered only once (not to be repeated for each Author). Should an Author have more than one Affiliation, use more than one number (e.g. G. Papadopoulos 1,2).
- Authors: The names of Authors (initial letter of First Name and full Surname) should be written in lower case characters (only the initial letters in Upper Case, e.g. G. Papadopoulos). It is also mandatory to underline the name of the Presenter (Author presenting the paper) as well as his/her Scientific Title.
- For the PHOTOGRAPHY category, please fill in the job submission form with your details and send the photo with WeTransfer to email: email@example.com
Before submitting electronically your Abstract, check for any potential errors or omissions. Once accepted, the Abstract will be published exactly as it has been submitted. Should there follow any corrections, changes, additions or removals, these must be sent to the Professional Congress Organizer (PCO) prior to the Abstract Submission Deadline.
Do not submit multiple copies of the same Abstract. Avoid submitting a new Abstract to replace the previous one without first informing the Professional Congress Organizer (PCO).
All accepted papers will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee, who will classify them in thematic sessions and determine their final presentation type (oral presentation or poster presentation). To determine the presentation type of every paper, the Scientific Committee will take into account both the Authors’ preferred presentation type and the organizational needs of the Conference. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject a paper if it does not meet the above requirements.
CONFIRMATION OF SUBMISSION
Once submitting your Abstract, you will receive an Automatic Reply to the e-mail address registered in the e-Form confirming its successful submission.
Should you not receive the confirmation notification, you will have to resubmit your Abstract, as this would mean unsuccessful submission of the form and failure of being recorded in the database. Or else, you can contact the Professional Congress Organizer (PCO) to have the problem resolved.
LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
The Authors will receive notification about the acceptance or rejection of their paper, as well as all information relevant to their paper, on 22 October 2018 with a reply letter to the e-mail address that has been registered in the e-Form.
The two best oral and poster announcements will be awarded.
During the Congress will be held a competition for the best video and the best photo related to ocular inflammation.
- In order for an Abstract to be included and presented in the Scientific Program of the Conference, it is required that at least one of the Authors of each Abstract has paid the Registration Fee [pre-registration must be made at least three (3) weeks prior to the Conference date in order to have the participation confirmed).
- Abstracts must be authentic and original. Papers that have been published in the past will not be accepted.
- Communication: For any further information, clarification or remark regarding your Abstract, you can always contact the Contact Person of the Professional Congress Organizer (PCO): Premium Congress and Social Events Solutions
Vas. Irakliou 47,
T.K. 54 623, Thessaloniki
tel .: 2310 226250, 2310 219407
fax: 2316 009072